- The heart of who we are is found in JOHN 17. This is the only time in the Bible that we get a glimpse of Jesus' conversations with God, His Father. What does He pray? That you and I would be ONE in the same way that He and God were ONE. We are committed to living into all that Jesus Prayed for us and all that He made possible for us through His life, death and resurrection. We are here to help you connect to God and each other more.
CHC YESTERDAY - YESTERDAY TO TODAY
- Jack & Anna Marie Sheffield, Bitsy Rubsamin and thoughtful friends knew that San Antonians were looking for a place to experience and process the power of Jesus to heal all parts of us: body, soul (mind, will, emotions) and Spirit. There wasn't a place to learn about prayerful physical healing nor was there a space dedicated to healing of life's wounds through prayer. After years of travel, it was time for the Sheffields to land. Their passion and experience of God's goodness launched a local movement where heaven touched earth. Anyone could come with questions, hurts, needs or desires to experience the healing Presence of Jesus.
- Cayce Harris lived in Memphis and was (thankfully!) experiencing the love of God like never before in her life through inner healing prayer. Paths crossed and years later, a common pursuit of connectedness and healing - the experiences of a normal vibrant spiritual life - created a partnership focused on serving San Antonio. Today Cayce serves as our Executive Director.
- Hope Ince had never worked for a non-profit before, God pegged her as the perfect fit and pulled her out of the legal world to answer any call placed to CHC - for 10 years, when people call CHC, they get HOPE. She quickly became the central cog in the wheel that makes CHC go round.
- Rosalind Hervey has been in the Church and Education world for years - CHC quickly became her home and a place to explore JOY in community. Roz introduced the Life Model to CHC and we are all the better for how she leads us - THE LIFE MODEL Join Rosalind for a Life Model and RARE Leadership class at CHC!
- Sonia & John Roper cultivated an inner prayer life that led to training in Sozo. Over time, they developed a prayer model called CONNECTION PRAYER which they lived and taught locally. Sonia joined our staff in 2016 and leads our prayer house. She mentors people who want to help people through prayer. 1000's of people have come for deep prayer times at CHC.
- Cari Spielhagen joined us with her passion to see a whole city impacted through partnership. Partnerships are a big deal to us: in our outreach, we support and augment the work of healing already taking place all around us:
- local hospitals, YMCAs, churches, businesses, non-profits, counseling centers, mental health specialists
1000's of San Antonians partner financially with CHC to make a difference in individual lives, for the health of our community - the impact we make together is enormous! God continues to add key partners to our CHC family. We are grateful for each one.
- Debby Boggs has prayed for San Antonio faithfully for years. She loves to pray for specific people in specific places around the world. She joined our team then she built a team to strengthen CHC's ability to respond to the demand for prayer at CHC. You can find her every Wednesday at Drop-in prayer and she shephards our CHC city leadership teams.
- Caroline Behrens knew she was called to kids, life change and prayer but wasn't sure how these things might intersect. Over coffee with Cayce, it was clear that we were on similar paths. Caroline dove into healing prayer through art with kids - today this is one of our favorite things taking place weekly. Kids hear God's voice easily and Caroline provides a fun and safe space for them to process anything with Jesus.
- Stephanie Hill has a heart for business and a passion for seeing people experience God, she makes event planning look easy and she provides a strong backbone for the operations of CHC to unfold. From floral arrangement to website design, she's a one stop shop for helpful coordination and life-giving experiences. She joined our team in 2017.
- August Joffe has led worship in San Antonio for over 20 years and we don't know how we snagged her as our go to for worship leading, graphic design and our future worship school teacher but we're grateful for her authentic heart that comes through both on paper and through song.
So many people have shaped CHC and the beautiful stories are endless!
- Along the way, Debora Daniels Albrecht, Winchester Kelso, Glyn Kelso, Nate Troia and over 50 volunteers began to help weekly at CHC. They are committed with us to:
- Helping people be free to be themselves
- Helping people go further in their connection and access to Jesus
- Helping other life-giving organizations
- Equipping people to talk to God more AND hear from Him too
- Equipping people to help people
- Equipping people to flow and flourish in life
- The JOY of living into the relationship with God that Jesus lived and died to give us has become real for hundreds of people through CHC. People ask if we're a "church?" Yes, we are - but we are not a church as you might have known it before. CHC has become known as a place to actually connect with God and truly get help, encouragement and HOPE.
- People who once were plagued by anxiety found peace to be their new normal.
- People haunted by decisions or voices of the past, moved on.
- Personal prayer times helped people actually enjoy God for the first time, hearing His voice and feeling His nearness - not just talking about it but experiencing it.
- 100's of people ditch nagging problems like suicidal thoughts, isolation, insecurity and depression every year at CHC.
We are a family who found God to be much closer than we once dreamed.
People looking for Jesus find Him near at CHC.
See a need for something like a CHC in your area?
We are glad to share what we've learned along the way if it can help you and your neighborhood. Inquire about consulting Here.
Cayce Harris, Executive Director
Cari Spielhagen, Director of Partnerships
Hope Ince, Executive Secretary
Caroline Behrens, CHC Kids Coordinator
August Joffe, Worship & Graphic Design
Stephanie Hill, Events
Deborah Boggs, City Leadership Coordinator
Rosalind Hervey, Community Equipping Leader
Sonia Roper, Prayer House Coordinator & Teacher
Winchester & Glyn Kelso, Pastoral Care
Deborah Daniels-Albrecht, Prayer Team Leader
Board of Directors
Brooke Peacock, Chairman
Bitsy Rubsamen, Chairman Emeritus
Jack Sheffield, Founder Emeritus
Jack Rodgers, Treasurer
Erin Clementson, Secretary
Cayce Harris, Executive Director